SPARTANBURG, SC – BMW AG has added some serious sport to its sport activity vehicle for 2002 thanks to the new ’02 X5 4.6is. Imagine, if you would, a sport activity vehicle (that’s what BMW insiders dub the X5, trying to differentiate the Bimmer from the rest of the SUV/crossover crowd) that seats six and has the power, ride and handling of an M-Series BMW sports sedan. Impossible, right? Well, don’t be so quick to judge. This somewhat impossible mixture of functionality and sports car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW boosts performance of X5" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.