BMW AG confirms it will invest $400 million to expand its Spartanburg, SC, facility. The plant makes the X5 SUV and began production of the new Z4 roadster earlier this month. Spartanburg capacity will grow to 150,000 units annually by next year from the current 120,000-plus level. BMW says the added capacity will grow its production to 1.3 million units annually in 2007 from 1 million currently. Some 400 jobs also will be added. Press reports have indicated BMW also may add a third ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Confirms Spartanburg Investment, 400 New Jobs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.