TURIN – Before American Chris Bangle discovered car design, he wanted to become a Methodist minister. So, it should surprise no one that the charismatic head of BMW AG's design department is passionately persuasive in arguing the case for the German car maker's controversial design trends. Eyes flashing, arms moving, Bangle sketches and debates the case for the radical shift in design direction. He quotes the words of an Indian poem, "If you look for truth, you find beauty; if you look for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Designer Uses Passionate Persuasion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.