BMW AG issues its second recall regarding faulty airbags on its 3-Series models, say reports. BMW is recalling 20,500 323i and 328i models built between April and August 1999 because the airbags could fire in minor instances, such as hitting a pot hole or curb, or for no reason at all. The auto maker’s prior recall of 3-Series models affected 34,701 vehicles built between March 1998 and June 1999. BMW, which says it received some complaints about airbags misfiring after the first ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Issues 2nd Recall for Airbags" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.