VIENNA — BMW AG is one of the few companies braving the troubled Russian market with the formal opening of an assembly plant in Kaliningrad. BMW and Russian automaker, Avtotor, began pilot production of the 5-series during the summer. The plant now builds the 523i and 528i and will soon start Land Rover Defender assembly. “The 5-series is our best selling model now, therefore, we will build the 5-series in Kaliningrad,” says Wolfgang Schlimme, general manager of BMW's Russian distribution ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW opens Kaliningrad assembly plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.