BMW AG will reveal details for a new sub-brand for its electric vehicles next month, following a path it carved nearly 40 years ago in creating its M division dedicated to race-inspired high-performance models, well-placed sources tells Ward’s. The new brand is expected to be named BMW i, although iBMW and i-BMW also are said to be under consideration. There has been some speculation BMW would develop an “e” brand to denote its electrified lineup. But it appears the auto maker will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Plans Sub-Brand for EVs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.