MOSCOW — Avtotor-Holding will start BMW 5 series production in Kaliningrad, Russia, next month after several months of delays. Signing of the final agreement between Avtotor and BMW AG was delayed in March after BMW's change in top executives in February. Production now is expected to start in June and by the end of the year some 1,200 vehicles will be built. Next year's production will increase to 2,000 vehicles and by 2002 Avtotor will build 10,000 cars. If local vehicle sales slow, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW production in Russia to start" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.