SHENYANG — The prospects of BMW AG building luxury cars in China is closer to reality with the submission of an agreement between the German automaker and the Chinese Brilliance Group Co. Ltd. for state approval of a manufacturing venture. The Brilliance Group also recently bought out General Motors Corp.'s partner in its Shenyang joint venture, Jinbei-GM Automotive Co. Ltd., which produces Blazer sport/utility vehicles and S-10 pickup trucks. Sources from BMW and from within China's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW pursues venture with Jinbei in Shenyang" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.