MUNICH – BMW AG continues with research that could lead to a future vehicle with a body composed entirely of carbon fiber. In a technology presentation to journalists here, BMW says the weight-savings of a carbon-fiber body and its associated fuel savings would offer significant lifecycle benefits. M3 CSL has carbon-fiber roof panel. “BMW Group experts have determined that CFP (carbon-fiber reinforced-plastic) bodyshells or body structures, by reducing fuel consumption to an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Pushes Ahead With Carbon Fiber" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.