Carbon fiber could become to BMW AG what aluminum is to Audi AG: the alternative material that defines its signature products and its future as a producer of high performance, yet environmentally friendly cars. BMW's Z9 show car telegraphed the auto maker's growing interest in using carbon fiber in non-racing applications In the last two years the Bavarian auto maker has shown several concept vehicles using considerable amounts of carbon fiber, and two projects now are in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Races into Carbon Fiber" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.