WOODCLIFF LAKE, NJ – BMW AG already produces an award-winning 6-cyl. diesel engine and now promises for the U.S. market a 4-cyl. diesel with performance to rival the auto maker’s heralded 3.0L turbocharged inline 6-cyl. gasoline engine. Jim O'Donnell, president of BMW of North America LLC, tells Ward’s the auto maker is evaluating a small diesel for the U.S., but declines to discuss a timeframe for introduction. “I think the 4-cyl. technology is advancing so much now, we see it as an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Readies First 4-cyl. Diesel for U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.