BMW AG announces a worldwide recall of 164,000 X5 SUVs due to a faulty brake hose. BMW says the hose could loosen over the front axle and possibly lead to loss of brake fluid. Affected models were built between August 1999 and April 2002 at the Spartanburg, SC, plant. Some 19,900 of the recalled vehicles were sold in Germany. BMW says it has notified owners and knows of no accidents or injuries related to the defect.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Recalling X5s" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.