More niches equal more volume, which in turn equals bigger profits. In the simplest terms, this is what defines BMW AG‚Äôs growth philosophy. The concept shows no signs of abating, and with two new niche models in the pipeline, BMW now is predicting production will climb to 1.6 million vehicles annually ‚Äď including Mini and Rolls-Royce ‚Äď by 2010. If the forecast is met, BMW will have doubled its volume since 2000. There is nothing especially novel about the approach. Mercedes-Benz ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW‚Äôs Niche Drive to Bring Two New Models to Lineup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.