BMW AG reports its third-quarter net profit rose 2.8% to €445 million ($508 million) vs. year-ago’s €433 million ($494 million). However, overall group revenue slipped 0.3% to €9.945 billion ($11.4 billion), a result of weak motorcycle sales. Automobile sales climbed 3.2% in the period, to 270,439 units. Sales of the BMW 5-Series, of which the newly redesigned ’04 model went on sale during the quarter, jumped 30.9% to 50,161 units. Sales were mixed for the rest of the BMW ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Sees Profits Rise During Q3" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.