PARIS – BMW AG will share its Valvetronic engine control with PSA Peugeot Citroen in the 1.4L and 1.6L 4-cyl. engines they are developing together. Extra height required by Valvetronic system. Valvetronic – the sophisticated variable valve timing system that allows the traditional engine throttle to be eliminated – was introduced by BMW in June 2001 for the 1.8L DOHC I-4 in the 316ti. BMW subsequently has added it to larger engines. (See related story: Throttleless BMW engine ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Shares Valvetronic Technology With PSA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.