BMW AG and Brilliance China Automotive Holdings ink a €450 million ($480 million) agreement to build 3-Series and 5-Series cars for sale in the Chinese market. The pact calls for each partner to hold a 50% stake in the venture, which will begin production at a Brilliance factory in Shenyang in northeast China during the second half of this year. BMW says it expects the plant to produce 30,000 units annually once full output is reached. China is a key market in BMW’s plans to grow ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Signs Pact to Build Cars in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.