BMW AG’s joint venture with Brilliance China Automotive Holdings Ltd. will build a long-wheelbase 5-Series sedan for the domestic market, BMW confirms. The new car, which makes its debut Nov. 18 at Auto China in Beijing, will replace the standard-wheelbase 5-Series in the country’s BMW showrooms. Available in three trims – the 530Li, 525Li and 523Li – the new model is 5.5 ins. (14 cm) longer than the standard-wheelbase 5-Series. The added length will benefit rear-seat passengers, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW Stretches China Lineup With New 5-Series" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.