SCOTTSDALE, AZ – A new leather-tanning process unveiled here on BMW AG’s fourth-generation 3-Series convertible could get drop-top drivers out of the hot seat. The new retractable hardtop, which goes on sale in Europe on March 24 and one week later in North America, features leather interiors with Sun Reflective technology, the auto maker boasts. Leather pigments are infused with a metallic component in conjunction with the tanning process, Albin Dirndorfer, BMW’s newly appointed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW's New Leather for Cool Customers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.