LONDON — They called it “The Bank.” Once, the white building opposite Hyde Park on Bayswater Road housed a Barclays branch, but for five months in 1999 it was the home of a temporary design studio. Here, in complete secrecy, an international team of designers created the styling for a totally new Rolls-Royce. BMW's Rolls-Royce. On Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2003, that car, the first Rolls-Royce conceived and developed by BMW, will be handed over to its owner. The date, symbolic of a new era ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW's New Rolls-Royce to Remain Timeless Marque" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.