The first Rolls-Royce developed under BMW ownership will use advanced aluminum space-frame construction that borrows heavily from the Z8 sports car. The new Rolls-Royce sedan should be launched early in 2003, within weeks of BMW assuming control of Britain's most famous marque from Volkswagen AG on January 1. “Now you can see why the Z8 technology was so important to us,” says Burkhard Goschel, senior vice president general vehicle design and innovation for BMW AG. BMW's Rolls-Royce ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"BMW's Rolls-Royce to Use Space-Frame" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.