TOKYO – With Delphi Corp. in Chapter 11 and other North American-based suppliers forecasting lower profits, even deficits, in light of the serious structural problems at General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co., the picture across the Pacific in Japan could not be more different. Here, many of the industry's leading component manufacturers are enjoying record sales and profits. And thanks to an already lean cost structure (which is getting leaner) and a bullish sales outlook by the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Boom Time for Automotive Suppliers in Japan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.