DETROIT – There is hope to reverse the industry-alarming increase in electronics-related warranty problems. That hope, in a word – an acronym, actually – is Autosar. In his keynote address at this week’s Convergence 2004 conference, Robert Bosch GmbH Chairman Franz Fehrenbach cites some now well-disseminated data correlating the increase in vehicle electronic content with an increase in quality problems – including findings that say half of all electronic defects are software-related. But ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bosch: Electronics Quality Improvement Coming" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.