Robert Bosch GmbH, staunch supporter of the Society of Automotive Engineers, has notified the organization it will not exhibit at the 2002 World Congress because of the softening economy. Bosch was the largest remaining partsmaker at the Detroit show following a host of Tier 1 defections from the 2001 event. The company declined to estimate its cost for participating in SAE. The announcement will force other exhibitors, especially competitor Siemens VDO Automotive, to reconsider whether ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bosch Joins SAE Defectors" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.