PARIS – Robert Bosch GmbH is spending an unspecified fortune in marketing, advertising and lobbying in a dozen countries to persuade governments to make electronic stability control (ESC) mandatory. According to a long list of witnesses, from the National Highway Transportation Safety Admin. to EuroNCAP, the German supplier is correct that the system will save thousands of lives. Indeed, the U.S. and the European Union both are approaching a decision to legislate ESC, a safety system in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bosch Lobbies Governments for Mandatory ESC" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.