WARREN, MI – General Motors Corp.’s Bowling Green, KY, plant has made 10 Cadillac XLR prototypes and is on track to launch the luxury roadster by year end, a company engineer tells Ward's. "We’re in what we call the manufacturing validation build," David Leone, XLR chief engineer, says here at a preview of GM’s new Northstar engine, overhauled for rear-wheel-/all-wheel-drive applications. "We’re building units very slowly." Cadillac XLR And the line rate will stay that way, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bowling Green Builds 10 XLRs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.