ARVIDSJAUR, Sweden – Braking technology is advancing at a furious pace in the auto industry. Electronic stability control (ESC) – which adds another level of functionality and safety to antilock brake systems – is appearing on a rapidly growing list of new vehicles in North America.(See related story: ESC Installation Rates Skyrocketing) Meanwhile, foundation brakes also are evolving, as auto makers consider automated brake systems as part of future collision-avoidance technologies, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Braking News From TRW" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.