SAO PAULO – Brazilian auto makers expects to produce 2.1 million vehicles this year, the largest volume in the country’s history, but still short of expectation. Brazilian-built VW Gol is exported to global markets. Brazil´s production capacity currently stands at 3.2 million vehicles, but for the past six years the industry has been producing at 40% capacity. The biggest challenge facing manufacturers here is to create cars and trucks that are suited equally to domestic and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Brazil Auto Makers Aim for Global Platforms" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.