SAO PAULO – Financing by banks associated with automotive companies fell 21% in May from April due to economic turbulence in Brazil. The auto industry has 162,400 vehicles in stock, sufficient for 451 days of sales at current rates of 2.1% to 2.4%. Some auto makers are offering financing at 0.98%, low by Brazilian standards, and discounts of up to 15% on the price of cars.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Brazil Auto Makers Lower Finance Rates, Prices" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.