SAO PAULO – Herbert Demel, who headed Volkswagen do Brasil Ltda. from 1997 to 2002, recently was named CEO of Fiat Auto SpA based largely on his deep understanding of the European and Brazilian automotive markets. Herbert Demel becomes CEO of Fiat SpA. Demel left Brazil last year – just as Fiat nudged Volkswagen out of the sales leadership position it held for 42 years – to run Magna International Inc.’s Magna Steyr niche-car assembly operation in Austria. Says Alberto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Brazil Experience Helps Demel Get Top Fiat Post" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.