SAO PAULO – February vehicle production here of 186,000 units marks the highest on record for the month and a 20% rise on like-2004. The strong gain largely is a result of a 48.5% rise in exports, which were valued at $737 million during the month. So far this year, Brazilian auto makers have produced 346,900 vehicles, up 11.5% from the 311,000 built year-ago. Local sales totaled 114,900 cars and trucks, up 7.8% from January and 9.8% from February 2004. The sales increase was ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Brazil February Production a Record; Exports Rise Sharply" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.