SAO PAUO – The Brazilian government is launching a study to set up guidelines for the large-scale production of electric vehicles. Nelson Barbosa, the Secretary for Economic Policies of the Finance Ministry, says Brazil lags behind other countries and faces technological problems in manufacturing EVs. “It is the duty of the government to stimulate research,” he says. “This study will diagnose what must be done to make electric-powered vehicles a significant part of the country’s car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Brazil to Study Wide-Scale EV Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.