SAO PAULO – Increased demand for vehicles in Brazil is causing a flurry of activity in engine manufacturing. Fiat Automoveis SA purchased the Tritec Motors Ltd. plant to keep up engine production, while General Motors do Brasil Ltda. plans to build a new unit in Santa Catarina and Volkswagen do Brasil Ltda is expanding its Sao Carlos, Sao Paulo, facility. Tritec is the former engine-building joint venture between DaimlerChrysler AG and BMW AG located in Campo Largo that produced small ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Brazilian Auto Makers Rev Engine Plants to Meet Market Demand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.