DEARBORN – When Ford Motor Co. hand-selected engineers to design its GT supercar in time for next month’s corporate centennial, the auto maker planned to reassign them following launch. ‘Workhorse No.3’ NVH attribute vehicle for Ford GT. Enriched by the experience, Ford hoped they would spread enthusiasm and encourage creativity among their colleagues. (see related story: Significance of GT Production Runs Deep, Ford Says) This remains the goal, but there could be a slight ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Break Up Ford GT Engineers? Not So Fast, Martens Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.