Key Automotive Group is shaking things up at Breed Technologies Inc. after formally acquiring the supplier on April 25. Most notably, Key is cutting some 3,500 Breed employees worldwide from now until the end of 2004. New Breed (and Key Plastics LLC) CEO and Chairman B. Edward Ewing says it is necessary for the supplier’s survival, as it burned through $50 million more per year in cash than it produced since emerging from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in December 2000. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Breed Restructuring Under Key Automotive" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.