CHICAGO – Malcolm Bricklin’s Visionary Vehicles LLC, which will import cars from China’s Chery Automobile Co. Ltd., is abandoning plans to offer models much below $20,000 in price. The jiggering of its planned model lineup is being blamed for an expected delay in launching Visionary sales, which has moved from the original target of January 2007 to what Bricklin now says will be mid-2007 at the earliest. Bricklin: Lexus profits at Toyota volumes. Bricklin initially had plans to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bricklin Drops Plans for Cars Less Than $19,000" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.