NEW YORK – Would-be Chinese-car importer Malcolm Bricklin continues to talk big, even as some key prongs of his original plan already are being downsized. “I will miss the 250,000 first-year (U.S. sales) target,” Bricklin says of much-hyped plans for his company, Visionary Vehicles LLC, to sell 250,000 cars made by Chery Automobile Co. Ltd. in the first year (2007) and 1 million in five years. (See related story: Bricklin: Chinese Cars Good for American Workers; Hyundai a Model) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bricklin Will Miss Initial Sales Target" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.