Tire maker Bridgestone Australia Ltd. reports a 72.4% decline in 2006 net profit to A$2.8 million ($2.2 million) â€“ down from prior-yearâ€™s A$10.3 million ($8.1 million) â€“ and warns of another tough year ahead due to high raw material costs. Sales revenue of A$513.9 million ($405.7 million) fell 1.2% from 2005, largely attributable to reduced tire sales to local auto makers, the company says. While it maintained volumes with GM Holden Ltd., â€śtire sales to other local manufacturers have ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bridgestone Australiaâ€™s Profits Plunge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.