Bridgestone/Firestone Inc., the tiremaker that last year found itself — along with end-user Ford Motor Co. — at the center of a nearly unprecendented safety scare, announces it has severed its business relationship with Ford. The move comes a day before Ford outlines a plan to recall as many as an additional 13 million tires not included in last August's Explorer recall. Citing a soured trust after nasty recriminations regarding blame for last year's safety concern regarding tire-tread ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bridgestone/Firestone breaks with Ford" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.