DETROIT -- Jaguar Cars of North America appears poised to stage a second British invasion as it recharges X-Type’s inaugural launch. The entry-level ’02 luxury sedan is just beginning to gain sales momentum following a start slowed by stiff competition, unexpected demand for its base-model engine and the tragic events of Sept. 11. January X-Type sales in the U.S. accounted for well over half the brand’s total for the month – 2,763 of 4,709 -- nearly double the total sales of last ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"British Brand Finds Satisfaction" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.