Car sales in Brunei in the year’s first half exceed overall sales in 2001. Vehicle registrations from January to June reached 5,372, compared with 2,436 in like-2001. Last year’s total sales amounted to 5,222. Private cars and multipurpose vehicles were the two most popular segments, with sales of 3,111 and 1,905, respectively. The surge is attributed to a reduction in car import taxes by the country’s ruling sultan in November 2001 – from 200% to a 20% flat tax. Duties on heavy-duty ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Brunei Mid-Year Sales Surpass 2001 Total" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.