NEW YORK – Having fixed some early quality defects in the ’10 Buick LaCrosse, General Motors Co.’s Fairfax, KS, plant now is at full speed producing 250 of the new models daily, says Jim Federico, global vehicle line executive-midsize vehicles. Federico, who returned from a four-and-a-half-year assignment in Germany less than six months ago, also reveals the next-generation midsize-car platform will be engineered to accommodate a plug-in, hybrid-electric powertrain. LaCrosse production ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Buick LaCrosse Launch Hits Stride; Plug-In Version Possible With Next Gen" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.