DETROIT -- General Motors Corp. has decided not to make the Buick Bengal sports car but is considering building an SUV off the company’s GMT360 architecture for the tri-shield marque, Ward’s has learned. Supplier and industry sources tell Ward’s GM pulled the plug on the Bengal program about one month ago. Sources indicate Bengal is a casualty of the product development shakeup underway [See related story] at the auto maker since GM North America Chairman Bob Lutz and GM North America ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Buick Loses Bengal, Might Get SUV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.