Buick is using the Los Angeles auto show to gauge consumer reaction to its Regal Cielo prototype, a “topless” sedan that Buick management strongly supports. But right now it's under a yellow “caution” flag with numerous engineering challenges still ahead. If it indeed gets a green light, look for it to reach market in 2001, perhaps with a $5,000 premium. “We should get strong answers during the next three months,” says Mike Doble, manager of specialty vehicles. Even then “we will still ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Buick Readies 4-door Convertible" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.