The Buick Rendezvous crossover vehicle no longer is slated for production at General Motors Corp.'s joint-venture plant in Shanghai, says Philip Murtaugh, president of GM China. GM officials in the U.S., however, wouldn't rule it out. Mr. Murtaugh says GM China considered Rendezvous production earlier in 2000 when the vehicle was a hit at the Beijing Auto Show, but since has put a halt to the program. “To be very honest, we think that the market segment has not developed in China as well ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Buick Rendezvous Not in Shanghai Plans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.