Gloom and doom may be clouding the skies over Detroit, but Larry Jutte, senior vice president, Honda of America Mfg. Inc., sees a brighter forecast for 2008. While some U.S. auto makers are thinking about ways to enhance plant utilization rates by closing factories and buying out workers, Honda is adding a new assembly facility this year and is thinking about how to shoehorn more new products into Honda’s six other fully capacitized factories in North America. Honda Motor Co. Ltd. CEO ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Buoyed by Record Output, Honda Still Eyes Growth in U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.