When Dana Corp. began courting Michael Burns around Thanksgiving to serve as its CEO, the supplier already had been battling a hostile takeover attempt from ArvinMeritor Inc. for nearly five months. Burns, then president of General Motors Europe, knew he would have big shoes to fill replacing the popular Joe Magliochetti, who died suddenly Sept. 22 of complications from pancreatitis. He wanted a little time to see how the ArvinMeritor saga would conclude and to contemplate how much value ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Burns: Dana Mission to Restore Confidence" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.