There is a segment of the U.S. auto market where nary a dollar is spent on incentives to move the metal and billions of dollars stand to be made. Even more surprising are this segment’s loyal, young, male, affluent consumers, who are willing to spend thousands of dollars on sexy wheel-tire packages, tighter suspensions and high-powered engines without batting an eye. And auto makers, from the mass-market Big Three to the Euro-lux manufacturers, are lining up for a piece of the action. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"The Business of Performance" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.