DEARBORN, MI – Collins & Aikman Corp. President and CEO Frank Macher says production cuts by its biggest customer, Chrysler Group, “put a crimp in our plan of reorganization” en route to exiting Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. “Chrysler came as quite a surprise to us because we had not planned to see such dramatic volume reductions in the fourth quarter,” Macher tells journalists recently. As a result, Collins & Aikman management is “at the drawing board again” in crafting a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"C&A Exit Strategy Could Include Asset Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.