Three hours from the end of this year's Le Mans 24-hour endurance race, the fourth-place semi-privateer DAMS Cadillac Northstar racer snapped a rear wishbone as it passed the pits. When it limped across the line to finish 20th, it was still a couple of places ahead of the two surviving GM Racing Cadillacs. Despite the Riley & Scott-developed Caddy being overweight and underpowered, there'd been optimistic talk of a podium finish before the race. Now this, a potential outright car beaten ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Caddy image makeover dictates all-new V-12" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.