NEW YORK— Soaring sales in China are transforming that market into Cadillac's biggest export point, says Don Butler, vice president-marketing of the GM division. He tells WardsAuto here Cadillac will sell 26,000 vehicles in China this year, easily eclipsing the 2010 total of 17,000 units. “Our original target was 2,000-3,000 units per year.” That augurs well for Cadillac, because China will account for 40% of luxury-car sales by 2020, he says. Given the trend of sales growth, Cadillac ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Cadillac Marketing Chief Forecasts Record China Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.